Our in-depth firestopping training programmes make our customers lives easier. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive product training and expert technical advice which equips our customers with everything they need to get the job done efficiently and effectively. We offer a variety of different training options including online firestop product training, on-site guidance and our new RIBA CPD approved training session. We are here to help you achieve fire safety compliance.
RIBA Approved CPD Training
Our RIBA approved CPD examines the key differences between BS476 Part 20 tested against CE Marked/UKCA certificated firestop products and the relative levels of performance assurance that each will provide. The objective of the presentation is to give listeners a basic tool kit of ten questions to ask themselves to establish if the fire seal they have designed, installed or inspected will be ‘fit for purpose’.
By the end of the session, you will have a greater understanding of:
- The differences between products fire resistance tested to an ad-hoc fire standard BS476 Part 20:1987 versus BS:EN1366-3:2009 (Service Penetrations)
- Looking at the other essential non-fire performance characteristics that have been identified by the product standard, ETAG 026:Part 2 for service penetration seals for a more holistic appraisal of products
- Third party verification to ensure that the product that was tested is the product that is sold in the market
- Declaration of Performance – the manufacturer’s guarantee of performance
- The transition from CE marking to United Kingdom Conformity Attested (UKCA) post Brexit
- The vital information from site that you will need to find out before designing a firestop seal
- Where to find manufacturer’s approvals and then using that to see if it fits with your site conditions
- Why specifiers need to take a closer look at claims made in manufacturer’s approvals
If you’d like to sign up for our new RIBA approved CPD training session, please register your interest via the form.